[slime-devel] Re: Pictures in the REPL -- Big Dirty hack

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Wed May 7 19:34:23 UTC 2008

"Patrick Collison" <patrick at collison.ie> writes:

> Hmm. Would be interested to know if Helmut's stance has changed as a
> result of this work being independently done again.

I don't like any of the implementations offered so far. I'd probably
favor implementing this by extending the fancy-inspector page markup to
handle images.

An implementation involving file names won't necessarily work in a
remote setting. And as the protocol doesn't support binary transmission
afaicr, it's necessary to resort to something like uuencode to stay
absolutely portable---and all this counts as bloat.

  -T.