[slime-devel] Re: What happens when net connection broken

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue Jul 29 11:14:36 UTC 2008

* Roman Budzianowski [2008-07-29 00:24+0200] writes:

> What is the currently implemented behavior of the remote stream in
> swank when the net connection breaks?

In theory, all swank threads should be killed and all swank streams
should be closed.  It's not easy to handle errors across multiple
threads, so I don't know if the current implementation actually does
what it should.  We had many bugs in this area, and I would be surprised
if we fixed them all.

> I started a long running function and at some point the network went
> down. The remote lisp is still running and I managed to
> reconnect through tty because it was running in "screen". I am trying
> to restart the swank server. I am just wondering
> if swank thread is still running or is blocked on output. Is there a
> way to reconnect, like in 'screen. This is in allegro CL.

You could try swank::restart-server and after that M-x slime-connect.