[slime-devel] Re: second slime does not use lisp process arguments

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Jul 25 05:32:35 UTC 2008

* Antony Sequeira [2008-07-24 17:36+0200] writes:

> Now ccl runs correctly , but when I do
> C-u M-x slime sbcl
> it runs sbcl but does not seem to use the parameters
> "sbcl" "--userinit" "/home/antony/fooo.lisp

This is the expected behavior:
C-u M-x slime FOO    runs FOO directly
M-- M-x slime BAR    runs the entry for BAR in slime-lisp-implementations

The former variant splits the string FOO to derive the arguments for the
subprocess.  If FOO is just "sbcl", sbcl will be invoked without
arguments.

The second variant passes the arguments as described in
slime-lisp-implementations.