[slime-devel] second slime does not use lisp process arguments

Antony Sequeira antony.sequeira at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 15:36:46 UTC 2008

Hi

I am using slime from cvs (I think downloaded around July 5th)

In my .emacs i put

(setq slime-default-lisp 'sbcl)
(setq slime-lisp-implementations
      '(
	(sbcl ("sbcl" "--userinit" "/home/antony/fooo.lisp") :coding-system
utf-8-unix )
        (ccl  ("/home/antony/bin/ccl"))
	))

I run M-x slime and it starts sbcl correctly

If I change
(setq slime-default-lisp 'sbcl)
(setq slime-default-lisp 'ccl)

Now ccl runs correctly , but when I do
C-u M-x slime sbcl
it runs sbcl but does not seem to use the parameters
"sbcl" "--userinit" "/home/antony/fooo.lisp

The same thing thing happens vice versa for ccl
(which I don't understand at all since it has no parameters, I have it
hard coded in my shell script home/antony/bin/ccl)

Summary of the problem as I see it - I can't have a second slime that
uses program arguments

I can include more of my .emacs if this is not sufficient.

Thanks,
-Antony