[slime-devel] SLIME under Ubuntu 7.04 feisty

Stever steve at tripperjones.com
Fri Jul 4 15:25:06 UTC 2008

yeah, it is loaded under
"/usr/share/common-lisp/source/slime/swank-loader.lisp"

I tried changing my .emacs file accordingly to say:
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/bin/clisp")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/common-lisp/source/slime")  <--- i
changed this line
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

I get a different error this time:
*** - LOAD: A file with name
     /usr/share/emacs/22.1/site-lisp/slime/swank-loader.lisp does not exist
The following restarts are available:
ABORT          :R1      ABORT

Weird. This is an ubuntu installation that is a couple of years old
(ubuntu 7.04 feisty). Since this is a popular distribution, I would
imagine other people would have had a similar problem. I am baffled as
to why this is happening. I look all over the web. Thanks for helping
out. I usually don't try to bother the developers of the program with
stuff. But if I find a solution, I'll post it on my blog with keywords
so some other poor guy will have a solution.

- Steve