[slime-devel] SLIME dies upon start

Aankhen aankhen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 19:33:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

Updated SLIME inadvertently today (as a dependency) and now the REPL
seems to be broken.  I tried adding `slime-repl' to the `slime-setup'
line, as the first in the list, but that made no difference.

As soon as the REPL starts, here's what I see:

; SLIME 2008-12-23
CL-USER>

Then this message shows up in the minibuffer, immediately after the
welcome message:

  Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: connection broken by remote peer

According to *inferior-lisp*, the error is triggered by this:

 dispatch-event: (:EMACS-REX (SWANK:CREATE-REPL NIL) NIL :REPL-THREAD 6)

The condition:

  condition: The assertion SWANK::THREAD failed.
  type: SIMPLE-ERROR
  encoding: NIL style: :SPAWN dedicated: NIL

Let me know if I've left out any crucial information.  This is GNU
Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-portbld-freebsd7.0, GTK+ Version 2.12.11).

Thanks,
Aankhen