[slime-devel] Problems with slime using sbcl on winXP (emacsW32)

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Fri Dec 5 07:50:41 UTC 2008

* Thomas Karolski [2008-12-04 23:29+0100] writes:

> It looks like the abort event is for some reason not being sent when
> using sbcl. I get the same result with #-win32 before wait-for-input and
> without.

Does READ-CHAR-NO-HANG work properly on socket streams?
There is a comment in HANDLE-LISTEN (in win32.lisp)

    ;; FIXME-SOCKETS: Try again here with WSAEventSelect in case
    ;; HANDLE is a socket.

which makes it sound like that isn't implemented yet.

I suspect that WAIT-FOR-EVENT/EVENT-LOOP (in swank.lisp) blocks even
though the timeout argument is t.  To see if that's actually the case,
you could generate some debug output in WAIT-FOR-EVENT/EVENT-LOOP.  It's
the easiest if you use LOG-EVENT for that.