[slime-devel] Problems with slime using sbcl on winXP (emacsW32)

Thomas Karolski thomas.karolski at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:29:09 UTC 2008

Helmut Eller schrieb:
> * Matthew D. Swank [2008-11-12 03:16+0100] writes:
>

>> On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:55:47 -0600
>> "Matthew D. Swank" <akopa at charter.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Starting in late September, whenever I try to exit out of the debugger
>>> the repl prompt doesn't come back.
>>>

>> Is there anything I can do to make this easier to diagnose/fix?
>>

> It may help to add #-win32 before wait-for-input in swank-sbcl.lisp.
> If that doesn't help, enable swank:*log-events*.
I am actually experiencing the same problem.
Adding #-win32 before
"(defimplementation wait-for-input (streams &optional timeout)"
does not seem to have any impact (then again, I'm not really sure as to
what I should be expecting anyway).
I've attached the output from the *log-events* and *inferior-lisp* with
swank:*log-events* set to t.
All I did in the REPL was the following:
(error 'foo)
upon successfull initiation of the debugger, I hit "q" which runs
sldb-quit and the REPL does not respond at all.

Interesting is how I get three more lines at the end inside the
*inferior-lisp* buffer using CLISP:
dispatch-event: (:RETURN 0 (:ABORT) 3)
WRITE: (:return (:abort) 3)
wait-for-event: (:EMACS-REX . SWANK::_) NIL

It looks like the abort event is for some reason not being sent when
using sbcl. I get the same result with #-win32 before wait-for-input and
without.

I tried with sbcl 1.0.19, sbcl 1.0.23 - as well as with GNU EmacsW32 and
GNU Emacs 22.2 (non W32 ver) on Windows XP.
This is using cvs slime.

Would love to help solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Thomas K.