[slime-devel] Re: new debugger behavior?

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Mon Aug 11 08:10:47 UTC 2008

Carlos Konstanski <ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com> writes:

> My suggestion: have the ability to choose between today's
> *debugger-hook* functionality (honor the debugee application's
> condition handling), and that of the pre-April era (unconditionally
> override the debugee application's condition handling).  It would be
> nice to have the choice to debug any application without concern for
> how that application handles conditions internally.

There should be a ARANEIDA:*TRAP-INTO-DEBUGGER* which you can set to T,
and if it's T araneida's DEBUGGER-HOOK should invoke its old value
(which is passed along side the condition in fact.) This is
application's domain, not something we could do much about.

  -T.

PS: That said, with SBCL you could place

  #+sbcl (setf sb-ext:*invoke-debugger-hook* swank:swank-debugger-hook)

into your ~/.swank.lisp to overwrite any application-specific
debugger-hook.