[slime-devel] new debugger behavior?

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Sat Aug 9 16:03:42 UTC 2008

Last week I upgraded from slime-2.0_p20070816 to slime-2.0_p20080731
(these are the gentoo ebuild names).  We're looking at a pretty big
jump here; these builds are a year apart.  In that year, something
changed in the debugger that is not to my liking.  I am hoping that it
is a feature that I can turn off.

When I hit an error in my code, I no longer enter the debugger.
Instead, I just get a printed backtrace in the REPL.  If I put a
(break) in the code, I do enter the debugger.  I would like to enter
the debugger on all errors, like the good old days.

Does this sound like a feature that was added in the last year?  Or do
I need to look elsewhere for the cause?

Carlos Konstanski