[slime-devel] [RfC] SPC vs. RET in Xref Buffers

Andrew Gasparovic andrew at andrewgasparovic.com
Fri Aug 8 20:54:05 UTC 2008

The way the XREF buffer works wrt. emacs windows has always seemed a
little strange to me. When you M-. and go straight to a function
definition (for example), the source file opens in the same window you
were in when you hit M-. The XREF buffer opens in another one (the
opposite one if you work with two windows side by side, as I do).

That's not bad by itself, but pressing SPACE on one of the definitions
has the nasty side-effect of ruining my window layout. It replaces
both windows with one to display the source file. So if I just want to
go to a particular definition's source file, I either have to accept
that and reset my windows by hand, or press ENTER, kill the XREF
buffer, and switch to the other window with the source buffer.

Am I missing something? It seems like other people would be
experiencing this more often, but I've never heard anyone
complaining....

-Andrew