[slime-devel] Re: asdf:load'ing swank

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Wed Sep 12 14:47:55 UTC 2007

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> * Cyrus Harmon [2007-09-11 08:37+0200] writes:
>
>> If I start with a clean slime directory (no fasls) and attempt to
>> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank), I get an error message as the swank
>> package isn't loaded when it tries to access some things in the
>> swank::... package. The following patch fixes thing, although there
>> might be a better approach.
>
> Do you get an error if you load the source?
> Like so:
>
>  (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-source-op :swank)

I'm not sure if you do or not, though I would imagine that that will
work fine; I personally would prefer to be able to compile-file (or
'load-op) swank, because of the functionality that it can add to other
projects.  I suppose either one could adjust the .asd file for swank
to make it load source, or apply a patch like the attached.