[slime-devel] Re: ABCL patches for SLIME HEAD

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue Sep 4 15:50:36 UTC 2007

* Mark Evenson [2007-09-04 14:52+0200] writes:

> Out of curiosity, which version of ABCL on which JVM on which OS where
> you testing on?

ABCL 0.0.10 (the version from the web page)
Sun's JVM 1.6.0/Linux-2.6/x86

>> (let ((c (make-condition 'compiler-condition
>> :original-condition nil
>>                          :severity ':note :message "" :location nil))
>>       (slots `(severity message short-message references location)))
>>   (dolist (slot slots)
>>     (funcall slot c)))
>
> Using this supplied form in 'swank-abcl.lisp' doesn't help.  It seems
> that one needs the explicit :INITFORM nil for all the
> COMPILER-CONDITION slots.

It seems to help here, at least a bit.  I used this file for testing:

(defun fib (number)
  (let ((x 1))
    (if (= number 0)
	1
	(+ number (fib (1- number))))))

(defun foo ()
  (bar))

#-abcl
(defun baz ()
  (if))

The warning in fib is reported as it should; the warning about the
undefined function bar is only printed in the console; and I had to
disable baz, because otherwise ABCL jumps to the debugger.

> Thanks for looking at the patch.  Even if you decide not to accept it,
> at least this thread can give future SLIME/ABCL hackers (including me
> when I have the time) a place to start looking at this issue.

I only committed my version.