[slime-devel] Re: Questions about latest slime (where did feature X go?)

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Sep 4 15:28:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 01:29:25PM +0200, Helmut Eller wrote:
: * Jonathon McKitrick [2007-09-03 11:51+0200] writes:
: > - It seems autodoc mode is not working correctly when the mark is over a
: > symbol that used to have its value displayed.  I found
: > slime-use-autodoc-mode but it does not have documentation and cannot be
: > set or called.
:
: This is probably a bit screwed up at the moment.
: If you have
:
:  (add-hook 'slime-load-hook (lambda () (require 'slime-autodoc)))
:
: in your .emacs, you should be able to turn on autodoc mode with M-x
: slime-autodoc-mode.  Setting slime-use-autodoc-mode should turn it on
: automatically, but it might be broken right now.  When I move point
: over *package*, get *PACKAGE* => #<PACKAGE "COMMON-LISP-USER"> in the
: echo area.

This still does not work for me.  Not sure why not.

Also, the load-system shortcut ',load' does not work.  I have this is my startup file:

(add-hook 'slime-load-hook (lambda () (require 'slime-asdf)))

and I also load slime-fancy.  What else do I need to add?

jcm at sdf.lonestar.org