[slime-devel] Re: Strange behaviour by slime-selector

Ole Arndt ole at sugarshark.com
Wed Oct 3 20:32:38 UTC 2007

Hello Kjeld,

massali at stud.ntnu.no writes:

> Strange behaviour:
> After I open a .lisp file in lisp-mode I start slime.
> Then the window splits. I get my source file on the top and repl
> at the bottom.
>
> Now, if I am in the repl, and use the slime selector to my source file,
> I get "Can't find unshown buffer in lisp-mode"

The behaviour you describe is normal. I think you are supposed to use
`C-x o' to get to your sourcefile.

There is a patch (written by me)  on the mailinglist which changes this
behaviour so that selecting the source file will position the cursor in
the shown window. It does so by using pop-to-buffer unconditionally
instead of using switch-to-buffer when the buffer is not currently
displayed.

But I'm afraid, this patch will probably not apply cleanly anymore,
after all the contrib restructuring. I'm still waiting for the dust to
settle before upgrading and have in the meantime switched to Attila
Lendvais darcs fork, so I can't say for sure.

Ole
--
Ole Arndt                     http://www.sugarshark.com