[slime-devel] Re: slime-search-buffer-package not working

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Thu Nov 29 12:43:22 UTC 2007

* Constantine Vetoshev [2007-11-29 01:40+0100] writes:

> I took a quick look at the code in slime.el, but I'm not familiar it
> with the way slime.el calls swank functions, so it's not obvious where
> to look. FWIW, I don't think any code references the parse-package
> function in swank (which, by the way, is not exported from the swank
> package).

It eventually calls parse-package, but you had to remove the colon
because slime-read-package-name knows all the package names (for
TAB-completion) and insists that the entered name matches one of
those.

The CVS version should remove it automatically.

To figure out which swank functions are called, you can look at the
*slime-events* buffer.  E.g. for C-c M-p there will be something like

(:emacs-rex
 (swank:set-package "mp")
 "MULTIPROCESSING" :repl-thread 6)