[slime-devel] slime-search-buffer-package not working

Constantine Vetoshev gepardcv at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 00:40:32 UTC 2007

I just updated to the latest SLIME from CVS, and I noticed that
trusty
C-c M-p stopped working. I tend to name packages with keywords,
and
the package string includes in the minibuffer prompt includes a
leading colon, e.g., :trial. I have to keep manually removing the
colon to sync the package from my editor buffer to my REPL.

I noticed in the CVS log a commit from November 24th: "slime.el
(slime-search-buffer-package): Don't remove double quotes or "#:",
swank:parse-package takes care of that." Directly calling
swank::parse-package does seem to work, but I don't think SLIME is
doing this right now. I have this problem with OpenMCL (1.1 beta)
and SBCL (1.0.12). I did blow away .slime/fasl and I restarted
Emacs, so I
think there's a bug somewhere.

I took a quick look at the code in slime.el, but I'm not familiar
it
with the way slime.el calls swank functions, so it's not obvious
where
to look. FWIW, I don't think any code references the parse-package
function in swank (which, by the way, is not exported from the
swank package).

--
Regards, (concatenate
Constantine Vetoshev                         'string (mapcar