[slime-devel] Contrib startup problems

Geo Carncross geocar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:39:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 8:31 AM, Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> Is slime-banner still working?

I can confirm it's still working. I usually have the animation turned
off (it's quite slow on a 300mhz ppc) but the header-line is very
useful when connecting to multiple inferiors.

Here's the relevant fragment from my .emacs:

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/src/slime"))
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/src/slime/contrib"))

(require 'slime)
(require 'slime-banner)
;(setq slime-startup-animation t)
(setq slime-header-line-p t)
(slime-banner-init)

Although you could use add-hook 'slime-load-hook if you wanted.

>  Has the documentation been updated to show
> the bleeding edge instructions for startup and customization?

I doubt it. The manual seems to cover the "stable release" and not
what's been going on in CVS.