[slime-devel] syntax highlighting and comments using the #| |# reader syntax

Evan Monroig evan.monroig at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:22:14 UTC 2007

Thanks everyone for responding,

Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> > How exactly do you arrange the source code to avoid this issue?
>
> I circumvent the issue entirely by using `C-SPC' and `comment-region'
> (or `uncomment-region' respectively.)

Actually this is what I had been doing, not using the #| |# comments
because they don't work properly.  But I also find them quite nice
when I wish to put some code inside them (a toplevel form) that I want
to execute some times but not to execute when compiling.

Marco Antoniotti wrote:
> Yep.  And a very annoying indeed.  Sometimes I work around the bug by
> using #|| and ||# to delimit comments.   However you loose the
> comment highlighting.

Oh, thanks for this tip !  It helped me circumvent the bug that when
you have some forms as follows and you position point after "|#" and
press enter or edit the form (test3) a little bit, it becomes
highlighted as a string..

----
(test1)

#|