[slime-devel] step by step execution?

P tury.peter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 22:21:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am new to SLIME (and CL)... maybe this is not the right place to ask...?

Is it possible to run my code line by line ("inside Emacs") similarly to what I
get when I compile elisp code with C-u C-M-x (eval-defun, instrumenting for
Edebug) and then call it? I would like to see the simbols' values during/after
the evaluation of each expression. This way, I hope, I could learn and
understand what happen in cases what are difficult for me now to understand.

Thanks,

PS. I use EmacsW32 (patched, built from v22 CVS) and CLISP.