[slime-devel] [BUG] a repeatable way to crash a utf-8 slime session

T Taneli Vahakangas vahakang at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Jan 27 12:59:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Samium Gromoff wrote:

> At Sat, 27 Jan 2007 04:03:32 +0300,
> Samium Gromoff wrote:
> >
> > While figuring out how to deal with unicode i stumbled upon across
> > something which appeared to be killing slime session/sbcl with an ensuing
> > emacs message telling something about process filters.
>
> I have just discovered that the SBCL processes are not killed, but are
> merely excommunicated.

FWIW, I solved my unicode problems related to unreconcilable differences
between emacs and slime by upgrading emacs to version 23 (cvs branch
emacs-unicode-2 or somesuch). It seems to work, as opposed to versions
21 and 22 which both broke to pieces when encountering perfectly
acceptable characters from regular utf-8 files. Then again, I'm using
emacs -nw so your mileage may vary.

	Taneli