[slime-devel] Re: [Re: SLIME manual fixes]

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 13:56:45 UTC 2007

> > C-h is goto-last-change for me, but F1 does the same as C-h by default
> > (at least when using emacs/xeamcs with X).
>
> On gnu emacs F1 tries to invoke the "process sentinel". I suppose I
> could rebind that to C-h.

for me F1 k F1 k returns a buffer with

"<f1> k runs the command describe-key..."

both on gnu emacs cvs and some older xemacs.

> But wouldn't it be less confusing to have the default help keys
> actually match the 'canonical keys' we use to describe them with? If
> not, we should have (in the documentation) a description of what it
> takes to make it so.

oh, sorry for my confusing wording: i meant that i've remapped C-h to
'goto-last-change in my local emacs config (because i use that feature
a lot and F1 is good replacement for C-h)

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)