[slime-devel] Re: [Re: SLIME manual fixes]

Luke Gorrie luke.gorrie at synap.se
Wed Jan 24 07:31:42 UTC 2007

Jeffrey Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net> writes:

> Not at all. You see I've got a slight problem. My C-h key was bound
> to backspace on the emacs system I learned on years ago, so I never
> learned the above key-bindings.

Yeah this is a problem actually -- all right-thinking people have C-h
meaning backspace, including in isearch:

  (global-set-key "\C-h" 'backward-delete-char-untabify)
  (define-key isearch-mode-map "\C-h" 'isearch-delete-char))

but then we have to find a new binding for `help-command' like:

  (global-set-key "\C-ch" 'help)

or keep on typing `M-x help'

so even though I write `C-h' as a canonical key in email I would never
type this myself except to delete a character. :-)

-Luke (who ust migrated `help' from Hyper-h after switching from X11
       to hyperless terminal Emacs..)