[slime-devel] Re: [Re: SLIME manual fixes]

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Wed Jan 24 00:48:14 UTC 2007

On Tue Jan 23, 2007 at 07:49:09PM +0100, Luke Gorrie wrote:
> Jeffrey Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net> writes:
>
> > For example, I accidentally press the wrong key combination and it
> > does something I don't expect and I want to find out what it was. I
> > would usually have no idea what section to look in. But can I look
> > it up in the key-binding index.
>
> Are you deliberately spiting Emacs's brilliant online help facilities?
> The gods will be angry. :-)
>
> C-h k    "What does this key do?"
> C-h l    "Woah, what key chord did I just do?"
> C-h m    "Tell me all about this mode"
> C-h b    "Exactly what bindings are available?"

Not at all. You see I've got a slight problem. My C-h key was bound to
backspace on the emacs system I learned on years ago, so I never learned the above key-bindings.

And after reading a couple recent threads where its usefulness has
appeared manifest, I've been stewing about what to do. Unlearn one and
learn the others? Are there other commonly used alternatives?

I don't want to do it wrong twice.

--Jeff