[slime-devel] Re: C-M-q not working in SLIME 2007-01-20

Ariel Badichi abadichi at bezeqint.net
Tue Jan 23 12:08:39 UTC 2007

Hello,

"Bill Clementson" <billclem at gmail.com> writes:

> > > I have updated to SLIME 2007-01-20 and when I press C-h k C-M-q I see
> > > that C-M-q is bound to indent-sexp. I don't remember it being bound to
> > > anything else (but I may be wrong). Ariel, are you saying that C-M-q
> > > is not bound to anything or that it has the wrong binding?
> > >

> > It isn't bound to anything.  On further investigation, however, that
> > only happens when using the slime scratch buffer.  The function
> > `slime-scratch-buffer' uses a special keymap in that case, which seems
> > to be the reason for this problem, but I don't know how to fix it yet.
>
> Hmm, fixing it is easy - just add the binding to the existing
> slime-define-keys statement:
> (slime-define-keys slime-scratch-mode-map
>   ("\C-j" 'slime-eval-print-last-expression)
>   ("\C-\M-q" 'indent-sexp))

This looks like treating a symptom rather than the cause, and there
may be more missing bindings.

It also assumes `C-M-q' has not been customized and is therefore
supposed to be bound to `indent-sexp', which isn't necessarily true.
But I don't think many will complain about this.

> However, I can't see why "C-M-q" isn't bound in the
> slime-scratch-buffer. When I'm in the slime scratch buffer, I can do
> "C-h b" and it shows that C-M-q is bound to indent-sexp. However, if I
> do a "C-h k C-M-q" in the slime scratch buffer it says that it isn't
> bound!!

Hmm, it isn't described here.

> weird.

Indeed.