[slime-devel] Re: C-M-q not working in SLIME 2007-01-20

Bill Clementson billclem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 06:39:02 UTC 2007

> > > I don't know if it is intentional or not. What is it you think it
> > > should do? I just *looked it up* in the Index to Key Bindings and it
> > > doesn't appear to be bound to anything.
> >

> (Like Bill said, it should be bound to the function `indent-sexp'.)
>
> > I have updated to SLIME 2007-01-20 and when I press C-h k C-M-q I see
> > that C-M-q is bound to indent-sexp. I don't remember it being bound to
> > anything else (but I may be wrong). Ariel, are you saying that C-M-q
> > is not bound to anything or that it has the wrong binding?
> >

> It isn't bound to anything.  On further investigation, however, that
> only happens when using the slime scratch buffer.  The function
> `slime-scratch-buffer' uses a special keymap in that case, which seems
> to be the reason for this problem, but I don't know how to fix it yet.

Hmm, fixing it is easy - just add the binding to the existing
slime-define-keys statement:
(slime-define-keys slime-scratch-mode-map
  ("\C-j" 'slime-eval-print-last-expression)
  ("\C-\M-q" 'indent-sexp))

However, I can't see why "C-M-q" isn't bound in the
slime-scratch-buffer. When I'm in the slime scratch buffer, I can do
"C-h b" and it shows that C-M-q is bound to indent-sexp. However, if I
do a "C-h k C-M-q" in the slime scratch buffer it says that it isn't
bound!!

weird.

- Bill