[slime-devel] Stupid Xemacs

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Jan 7 12:55:53 UTC 2007

I will only comment on the technical questions.

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

> [Helmut wrote:]
>> I'm I the only who is annoyed by the introduction of Xemacsisms and
>
> i would put it different: there are some quite useful functions (like
> set-keymap-parents) that happen to be available in xemacs but not in
> gnu emacs. therefore they are optionally defined to avoid redefining
> them when running under xemacs.
>
> i could have added it as slime-set-keymap-parents which would have
> been even worse, imho.

In my opinion, this solution would be preferable.

> as of defun*: i think that keyword args make the code much more
> readable than using optional parameters, especially when there are
> several optional args.

I have been using defun* myself in SLIME code.  The Emacs Lisp code of
SLIME contains many CL-isms; could people (Helmut, Edi) please comment
what is the specific problem with defun*?

Cheers,
--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe