[slime-devel] Stupid Xemacs

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 14:55:47 UTC 2007

> I'm I the only who is annoyed by the introduction of Xemacsisms and

i would put it different: there are some quite useful functions (like
set-keymap-parents) that happen to be available in xemacs but not in
gnu emacs. therefore they are optionally defined to avoid redefining
them when running under xemacs.

i could have added it as slime-set-keymap-parents which would have
been even worse, imho.

as of defun*: i think that keyword args make the code much more
readable than using optional parameters, especially when there are
several optional args.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)