[slime-devel] Really an emacs question : forward/backward sexp

Jonathon McKitrick jmckitrick at reedlarkeygroup.com
Mon Feb 26 16:28:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, February 26, 2007 10:58 am, Gary King said:
> My apologies since this may be the wrong list... but my emacs foo is
> very weak...
>
> In GNU Emacs [1] with slime, I can move forwards and backwards an
> sexp using C M left-arrow and C M right-arrow. In Aquamacs Emacs,
> these keys are bound to resizing the window. How can I:
>
> * change the key-bindings
> * determine what to change them to
>
> (if possible, please teach me how to fish so I don't have to bother
> anyone with silly questions like this in the future...)

My turn to help you  ;-)

M-x describe-key

then hit the key combo... you'll get a function name.

Now, in .emacsrc, or for us mac-users, Preferences.el...

(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-M-<left>") 'foo)

where FOO is the name of the function you want to bind to the keystroke.

I'm sure one of the advanced elispers can improve on this, but it's a
start, and it works.

--
Jonathon McKitrick
Reed Larkey Group