[slime-devel] SWANK and *read-eval*

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Aug 26 20:28:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

*read-eval* is currently set to T everywhere something is READ. While I
 don't currently see anything that could be (at least easily)
 exploitable, it still leaves an uneasy feeling in my
 stomach. Especially in the present of things like autodoc.

Therefore I propose the following:

  (i)  Setting *READ-EVAL* to NIL in CALL-WITH-BUFFER-SYNTAX.

  (ii) Introducing a new macro WITH-SAVE-IO-SYNTAX that expands
       to (WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX (LET ((*READ-EVAL* NIL)) ...))
       and replacing all occurences of WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX with this
       new macro.

Any thoughts on this issue?

  -T.