[slime-devel] Re: [slime-cvs] CVS slime

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Aug 19 19:03:34 UTC 2007

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> writes:

> Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:
>> * trittweiler [2007-08-15 15:45+0200] writes:
>> > * slime.el (slime-narrowing-configuration, slime-emacs-snapshot),
>> >   (current-slime-narrowing-configuration),
>> >   (set-slime-narrowing-configuration),
>> >   (current-slime-emacs-snapshot),
>> >   (set-slime-emacs-snapshot),
>> >   (current-slime-emacs-snapshot-fingerprint): New. Emacs' window
>> >   configurations do not restore narrowing, so introduce a
>> >   snapshot facility that contains the necessary information.
>>
>> This is quite a heavy abstraction.  Can we at least agree to use
>> "slime" as prefix in ELisp code please?
>
> It's based upon `current-window-configuration' and
> `set-window-configuration' --- I wasn't quite sure if I should name them
> this way or the way you suggest (actually I'd have liked to drop the
> slime part alltogether.)

I don't want to comment on the rest of the naming or design of these
functions, but using the package prefix "slime-" is an important Emacs
convention that should not be violated.  Please fix that.

Matthias
--
Matthias Koeppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe
(currently @math.ucdavis.edu)