[slime-devel] Re: [slime-cvs] CVS slime

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Aug 16 07:30:32 UTC 2007

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> * Tobias C. Rittweiler [2007-08-16 01:39+0200] writes:
>
> > It represents a snapshot of current Emacs' state. So I wouldn't say it's
> > rather unspecific. Further suggestions besides your
> > "slime-window-config" would be "slime-emacs-state" or
> > "slime-state-snapshot."  Anything else? Any favorite?
>
> Thinking a bit more about this issue: do we need to restore
> restrictions?  Wouldn't a simple widen be enough?

Perhaps. But it's hard to tell, as it's been with saving and restoring
window configuration (which will specifically also restore the old value
of point and mark) --- often it's just the thing you want, sometimes it
isn't.

As you brought up narrowing as an simple man's alternative to multiple
files, I thought that restoring it would be appropriate in that context.

  -T.