[slime-devel] Saving *slime-scratch*

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon Apr 30 08:54:29 UTC 2007

Christian Lynbech wrote:
> I could be missing something obvious but what is the advantage of
> the proposed patch as opposed to just use standard commands such
> as `write-file' or `append-to-file' to save contents of the scratch
> buffer?

Saving/loading/appending isn't automatic. You need to bother with it.
Having a persistent buffer is like having a piece of paper next to
your computer: throwing it away is easy, but it isn't going to just
disappear on it's own.

Additionally, write-file renames the buffer, so next slime-scratch takes
you to another buffer, unless you rename the buffer manually after
saving it.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus