[slime-devel] Re: Extras

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Tue Apr 10 11:12:42 UTC 2007

"Levente Mészáros" <levente.meszaros at gmail.com> writes:

> I have seen newbies coming from the C/C++/Java world (and I'm not
> talking about bad hackers) having trouble with the default set of
> installed features of SLIME. For example not having paredit by default
> was one of those.

While I'm not necessarily against distributing paredit along side, I
question that they have trouble because of missing paredit, as editing
by structure is quite radically different to what they're probably used
to.

> Just to mention one: renaming a function in CL code still requires
> regexp search whilc in Eclipse this is painfully simple.

No, it doesn't necessarily require regexp searched. Look at `C-c <' and
the submenu entry SLIME -> Cross Reference.

  -T.