[slime-devel] repl history

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:49:29 UTC 2006

hi!

among others i've got this pending in my local slime:

    (slime-repl-previous-matching-input): Similar behaviour
    like isearch-forward.
    (slime-repl-next-matching-input): Ditto. In more details:
    You can freely navigate with slime-repl-previous/next-input
    at any time among the history entries.
    slime-repl-previous/next-matching-input when invoked
    sequentially (i.e. pressing M-r multiple times) then it'll
    find the next matching regexp and also they can
    be invoked at any history entry.
    slime-repl-history-navigation-neutral-commands
    stores a list of commands that are not reseting this
    behaviour.

the downside (?) is that it removes the old behaviour that when you moved
the caret inside a history entry retrieved by
slime-repl-previous/next-matching-input it was searching for entries that
matched the string between the repl start and the caret. to be honest i
didn't grasp that behaviour until i was looking at the code due to the
annoyance caused by the inability to search again after a first regexp
search.

my question is, are people using this lost feature? are you satisfied by the
way the repl history works in cvs head?

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)