[slime-devel] Re: swank version check

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:21:15 UTC 2006

> what about just using the first line of ChangeLog? though this gets
> updated more often than the wire protocl changes it doesn't require
> any extra work on the part of slime contcributors. what's worse?
> spurious protocol mismatch errors or having to update slime too often?

you could then #.(file-write-date-of-slime.el) somwhere in swank.lisp, but
that brings the same problem: it's will much more often signal then actually
reasonable.

but if it's only a big fat warning then imho it's fine...

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)