[slime-devel] fuzzy completion patch again

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 15:12:34 UTC 2006

hi!

this is a patch for fuzzy completion made by a friend of mine, Levente
Mészáros. he's also subscribed, but he's busy right now, so i'm writing this
mail...

see the original thread for a feature list:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/4938/focus=5007

also some find definition code has been added since then, works like the
fuzzy completion, but jumps to the selected definition instead of replacing
the word in the buffer.

we are using it in our daily work for several months now, and although none
of us is an experienced elisp guru, it's very very handy from the user side.

i'm sending this patch in the hopes that someone with more elisp experience
will review the diff and apply it to the cvs.

stuff that may need attention is the usual C-g abort handling (there's a key
binding for this, maybe some catch tag neets to be set up?), and the M-p/M-n
history handling (doesn't work for the find-definition part).

and a feature idea right on: the fuzzy completion should not be started when
the current input is less then 3 chars long.

hth,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)