[slime-devel] Re: [slime-cvs] CVS slime

Juho Snellman jsnell at iki.fi
Tue Nov 28 01:06:22 UTC 2006

<heller at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> I don't understand this change.  If the file doesn't exist then OPEN
> will just fail (which is already handled).  And even if PROBE-FILE
> succeeds, OPEN can still fail, e.g. because some other process deleted
> the file in between.
>
> Which problem does the patch solve?

The first change made to a buffer that was created using find-file on
a file that didn't yet exist would cause a Slime REPL to pop up and
take focus. The mode-line of the original buffer would show "(Lisp
Slime|eval...)". Some features like arglist-echoing would temporarily
stop working in all Slime buffers.

This only occured with fairly recent versions of Slime, with both SBCL
and CMUCL. Nothing out of the ordinary in either *inferior-lisp* or
*slime-events*.

--
Juho Snellman