[slime-devel] Re: Small fixes

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:26:52 UTC 2006

> > OTOH, it's the same question as whether presenting all the methods
> > with the same name, or jumping to the one directly where you pressed
> > M-.
>
> Are you talking about jumping from a generic function call to a
> specific method invocation?  I mean, from (foo ...) to a specific
> (defmethod foo ...)?
>
> How would you know which method is the correct target for the jump?

my point was: how do you know that the user pressed M-. because he
wanted to jump to the setf function? could be he wanted to actually
jump to the reader function and the symbol was at hand in a setf
expression.

but it would be a good feature that even though the xref buffer is
shown, the setf variant could be activated by default.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)