[slime-devel] Re: SLIME Committers

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Nov 20 16:37:53 UTC 2006

* Attila Lendvai [2006-11-19 21:19+0100] writes:

> as you seems to be the long missed dictator (or even if you are not,
> you have been stamped by this :)

There's no dictator.  I think every Slime hacker has equal rights and
responsibilities.  This includes giving commit rights and
rewriting/deleting code that someone else wrote.

> what do you and the others think
> about (1) moving the darcs repo at
> http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=cl-wdim-slime;a=summary
> under /project/slime? and (2) advertising it as the primary
> repository?

I have no objections against moving to darcs.  But that repo only
contains the commit history back to 2005-04-04.  It wouldn't be wise
to throw away earlier changes.  I've run cvs2darcs and placed the
result at http://common-lisp.net/~heller/slime-cvs2darcs.tar.bz2.
It's twice as big: 17MB uncompressed.  Is that a problem?