[slime-devel] Question about :DEBUG and :DEBUG-ACTIVATE

Brad Beveridge brad.beveridge at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 20:36:30 UTC 2006

At the protocol level, I don't quite see why :DEBUG and
:DEBUG-ACTIVATE do what they do.
For a quick recap, Swank sends :DEBUG, and slime calls sldb-setup.
Swank then sends :DEBUG-ACTIVATE, for that level of debug, Slime sends
back :DEBUGGER-INFO-FOR-EMACS 0 10.  When that returns sldb-setup is
called again (with the same info it just got?)

So it looks to me like there is some redundancy here, could somebody
please enlighten me about how :DEBUG and :DEBUG-ACTIVATE work?

Cheers
Brad