[slime-devel] Re: slime feature proposal: message-of-the-day

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Nov 4 14:49:33 UTC 2006

Jeffrey Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net> writes:

> Okay.
>
> The current manual looks like it was generated with makeinfo. Where
> can I find the source for that?

doc/slime.texi

> Is it necessarily desirable to continue using that documentation
> model? I just put togther documentation for a large set of codes at
> work using doxygen which, of course, has no Lisp support, but did open
> my eyes to the possibilities.

personally i believe the things like doxygen, while usefull, should
only complement a hand written user manual. using something like
sbcl's docstrings.lisp would be cool for the swank configuration
variables, but i'd strongly suggest keeping the current model.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.