[slime-devel] Re: On the numbering of restarts in SLDB

Alan Ruttenberg alanr-l at mumble.net
Wed May 31 16:03:27 UTC 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 11:30 AM, Gary King wrote:
> I'd feel ever better if I couldn't kill the process without a
> confirmation... any thoughts on these two ideas?

In my environment, for openmcl, I remove those restarts, as I don't
think it is appropriate to kill the lisp from the sldb window.
I've been meaning to make swank-compute-restarts a defimplementation,
but never seem to get around to it.
If you do decide to prompt to kill the lisp, it would be nice to get
rid of the sldb window when doing so, since the lisp isn't around to
talk about it with slime after it's been killed in this context.

#+openmcl
(defun debug-in-emacs (condition)
   (let ((*swank-debugger-condition* condition)
         (*sldb-restarts* (swank-compute-restarts condition)) ;<---
swank-compute-restarts vs. compute-restarts
         (*package* (or (and (boundp '*buffer-package*)
                             (symbol-value '*buffer-package*))
                        *package*))
         (*sldb-level* (1+ *sldb-level*))
         (*swank-state-stack* (cons :swank-debugger-hook *swank-state-
stack*))
         (*print-readably* nil))
     (force-user-output)
     (call-with-debugging-environment
      (lambda () (sldb-loop *sldb-level*)))))

#+openmcl
(defun swank-compute-restarts (condition)
   (butlast (compute-restarts condition) 2))

-Alan