[slime-devel] Re: How to erase input lines in REPL?

Giorgos Pontikakis gnp at freemail.gr
Tue May 16 17:19:47 UTC 2006

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:
>
>> I might be willing to believe otherwise for cases where the point is
>> inside the expression, though.
>
> that is an excellent idea! trivial to implement too :)
>
>> Example: (^ is the point)
>>
>>  (foo)^  -> send
>>  (foo^)  -> insert newline
>>
>> Just a thought, I'm personally not bothered by C-j.
>
> C-j and M-RET still exist when you want to force one thing or the
> other.

I just downloaded slime from CVS and I see that you already
implemented it. I think that this idea does not work very well in
combination with paredit mode, where one does not manually close
parantheses and the point usually remains in the expression even if
this has been completed. Using paredit, one has to force sending the
input all the time.

I did not find a configuration option to change this behaviour and
modified my local copy of slime.el to revert to the old behaviour. But
maybe I'm doing something wrong -- I'm new to SLIME. Is there a way to
bind RET to the old behaviour? Or, if not, would you consider adding
an option for enabling/disabling this feature?

Best regards

Giorgos