[slime-devel] Re: compile-file, slime and line number?

Bill Clementson billclem at gmail.com
Fri May 12 22:19:31 UTC 2006

> > Ok, I thought you had compiled the music.lisp as part of a build of
> > the CLM package. I'm not familiar with CLM, but the documentation
> > says:
> >
> >   How To Build CLM: In general start lisp and (load "all.lisp").
> >
> > Have you done this? The README.clm file has full instructions.
>
> Yes, I have and the load/build failed during the compile of mus.lisp.  I
> provided the stack trace from a call to compile-file since it gave the
> same compile error.

To me, it looks like it's a problem with the bes-i0 function; however,
you will probably get better advice on a CLM mailing list.

Instead of using compile-file at the REPL in SLIME, try just doing C-c
M-k when you are in the mus.lisp source file. That will compile the
file and produce a list of compile errors in a separate
*compiler-notes* buffer. In the *compiler-notes* buffer, you can place
your cursor on the particular error message and press Enter. That will
take you to the place in the mus.lisp source file where the
compilation error occured.

- Bill