[slime-devel] sbcl stream flushing race

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Thu Mar 30 02:15:48 UTC 2006

Hi Alan,

I'd love to help, but my understanding of the issues involved in this is less
than minimal these days (it used to be minimal). Redirecting System.out using
System.setOut to a PrintStream which is then used in lisp.Stream's constructor
will surely not work, but perhaps you can subclass lisp.Stream with something
that will not be confused if the underlying java stream is written to without
its consent. I don't know enough about abcl's stream implementation to judge
whether something like this is feasible (but I would guess not). Another gross
hack would be to leave abcl alone and convince emacs to echo whatever appears
in the inferior-lisp buffer in the slime buffer. Again, I don't know if it's
possible.

I'm sorry I can't come up with any usable idea.

Andras