[slime-devel] sbcl stream flushing race

Andras Simon andras at renyi.hu
Wed Mar 29 10:14:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Robert J. Macomber wrote:

> Currently, the patch is sbcl-only.  While updating the other backends,
> I noticed abcl uses the same "thread which FORCE-OUTPUTs" technique,
> but I don't have abcl here, so I don't know if the same race
> manifests, if abcl even supports Gray strams, or how to create and use
> a mutex if the two previous conditions held.

I don't remember seeing this with abcl. abcl doesn't have Gray streams, but
SlimeInputStream/SlimeOutputStream tailor-made to make slime happy. I'd love
to not having to change them :-) (I've completely forgotten what they do and
how they do it!) but I don't want to stand in the way of progress.

Andras