[slime-devel] Re: [patch] closing connections with :fd-handler style

Stephen Compall s11 at member.fsf.org
Wed Mar 15 18:30:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 21:28 -0600, Stephen Compall wrote:
> That is, LISTEN answers T even though you are at EOF, which is after all
> why serve-event woke up.  I have no idea how that worked out.

CVS SBCL should soon no longer do this; that is, it will answer NIL at
EOF, thereby matching the behavior of CLISP by bouncing forever at
disconnect.  Due to the nature of this particular bounce, you can still
connect and do work; it just chews CPU.  Attached is a slightly-improved
version of the previous patch, which I am currently using.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog