[slime-devel] asdf-install kills slime

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun Jun 18 12:45:43 UTC 2006

I was just going to try asdf-install for the very first time, and it
turns out to kill slime.  Or more precisely, my lisp and emacs both
die (sbcl 0.9.13.21, GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1, slime from CVS as of
2006-06-04).

So to get some more information, I tried again from the
*inferioir-lisp* buffer (see beneath my signature, below).  I figure
the problem is with the debugger trying to print a string containing
binary data, and somehow not using the UTF-8 encoding to do it.

I have this charset specification in .emacs:

(setf slime-lisp-implementations
      '((sbcl ("sbcl") :coding-system utf-8-unix)
	(cmucl ("cmucl") :coding-system iso-latin-1-unix)))

- Harald

PS.  This is the wrong place to ask I know, but can anyone throw any
light on the GPG message about "key id 0xNIL ()"?

----------------
This is SBCL 0.9.13.21, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
;;; startup chatter elided
* (require :asdf-install)
;;; somewhat verbose output elided
* (asdf-install:install :cells)
Install where?
1) System-wide install:
   System in /local/lib/sbcl/site-systems/
   Files in /local/lib/sbcl/site/
2) Personal installation:
   System in /Users/hanche/.sbcl/systems/
   Files in /Users/hanche/.sbcl/site/
 --> 1
Downloading 74072 bytes from http://common-lisp.net/project/cells/asdf-install/cells_2.0.tar.gz ...

debugger invoked on a ASDF-INSTALL::KEY-NOT-TRUSTED:
  GPG warns that the key id 0xNIL () is not fully trusted

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [CONTINUE      ] Install the package anyway
  1: [SKIP-GPG-CHECK] Don't check GPG signature for this package
  2: [ABORT         ] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(ASDF-INSTALL::VERIFY-GPG-SIGNATURE/STRING
"
 #P"/Users/hanche/CELLS.asdf-install-tmp")