[slime-devel] Re: Better .asd

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Jun 4 19:05:28 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 09:32:48 +0200, Greg Pfeil wrote:
> After being confused as to why (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank) wasn't
> working, I decided to look at the source to figure it out. The
> problem was that I was using ASDF-Binary-Locations to store my fasls
> elsewhere on the disk, and once swank-loader.fasl was put in the
> alternate location, it couldn't find any of the other swank .lisp
> files.
[...]
> Does anyone think any of this might be a good idea?

This is a known problem, see threads [1] (I don't know why the message
isn't displayed as usual and the Gmane web interface is down for
maintenance) and [2].  The solution adopted in Debian for the Common
Lisp Controller is at [3].

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2006-March/004664.html